KDE-Apps.org Applications for the KDE-Desktop
 ScribusStuff.org Files for Scribus
 BlenderStuff.org Textures and Objects for Blender
 VLC-Addons.org Themes and Extensions for VLC
 KDE-Help.org Support for your KDE Desktop
 GNOME-Help.org Support for your GNOME Desktop
 Xfce-Help.org Support for your Xfce Desktop
openDesktop.orgopenDesktop.org:   Applications   Artwork   Linux Distributions   Documents    LinuxDaily.com    Linux42.org    OpenSkillz.com    Open-PC.com
KDE-Files.org - Documents for your KDE-Desktop
KDE-Files.orgKDE-Files.org

Jul 31 2014
 Not logged in
KDE-Files.org
 Home    Add Document   Forum   Groups   Knowledge   Events   Jobs   Users   Register   Login-

- global .- user support .- artwork .- developer .
goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ...

artistic criticism

by dadeisvenm on: Jun 10 2004

dadeisvenmdadeisvenm
Venom 3D Incorporated
Home

Hi All,
Just wanted an opinion of my "The Linux Box"" logo entries.

I posted the here:

Re: artistic critici

by surfg on: Jun 20 2004

Score 50%

its a clever idea, but maybe you should use smooth lines

Re: artistic critici

by hrholme on: Jun 25 2004

They are niiiice :)

Yours truly Rasmus O. holme (www.tuxnet.org)

DK

The philosophers have already perceived the world in various ways; the point is to change it.
- Karl Marx

Re: artistic critici

by esterud on: Sep 11 2004

Score 50%

The only one that I would take and put on my system is the concept_no_2.jpg with the penguin face on the side. The evil penguin is a little too mean for Linus's happy fat penguin concept for Linux and therefore too mean for Linux. I also don't think the red button is obvious for what it means. Does the red button blow up the box? If so that's not good because Linux is inside the box. It's a good concept though. Maybe with concept_no_2.jpg you could some how distort the actual face of Tux to be a 2D image on the side of the box that currently has the sort-of penguine face.

-esterud

Where is justice?

by flammenbringer on: Jun 21 2004

Score 50%

My joke about Haider has been removed, but Wallpapers about Mao, Stalin and Lenin stay. How shall I understand that? Am I to post pictures of socialist killers, but to leave out pictures making fun of racists? This is extremely discriminating, how about making a disclaimer "only socialist killers accepted here, everything that has to do with radicals from the other side is not accepted here"?!

Servus

flammenbringer

---
Niveau sieht von unten immer aus wie Arroganz

agree

by maitre on: Jun 22 2004

Score 50%

I agree with you - it is very clear where the lines are for things that don't "_belong_" on kde-look.org and things that do. either get rid of them all or get rid of none of them. while we're at it, do away with the rating system too.

Re: Where is justice

by hrholme on: Jun 25 2004

Score 50%

Where is there a wallpaper of Stalin?

Yours truly Rasmus O. holme (www.tuxnet.org)

DK

- Karl Marx

Re: Re: Where is jus

by flammenbringer on: Jun 25 2004

How about this one: http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=13152

It's been downrated, but not removed. Isn't that really strange?

Servus

flammenbringer

PS: @kde-look.org-team: How about you saying a word about this? _You_ removed my satirical wallpaper, not the visitors of this site!

---
Niveau sieht von unten immer aus wie Arroganz

Re: Where is justice?

by kness on: Jun 25 2004

Score 50%

I did not see the "Niveau" in the wallpapers about Mao, Marx, Lenin and your Haider. I think it is propaganda and I think, www.kde-look.org is not the place for dull propaganda jokes.

Beside Marx, Mao and Haider I see more of these "jokes". In the last time some users take a wallpaper (sometimes the wallpaper is nice, ok, sometimes I do not like it) and add a few words. I think, this is not enough for political discussion and, as I wrote above, I can not see the "Niveau".

I am not agree with the removing without clear gidelines, but may be, I did not see the content guidelienes here at www.kde-look.org. May be, only the rating is not enough for content censorship.

Is a sensorship nessecary?? I do not know.

Re: Re: Where is jus

by flammenbringer on: Jun 25 2004

Score 50%

Had nothing to do with some high standard. I just wanted to make fun of tusixoh's series, since he featured a wallpaper with Stalin. Never thought of becoming a victim of censorship.

Servus

flammenbringer

---
Niveau sieht von unten immer aus wie Arroganz

Re: Re: Re: Where is

by tusixoh on: Jul 1 2004

Score 50%

That's ridiculous. I only ever posted the Stalin wallpaper (as I've now said many time over) to annoy shoemakermfg, who reacted so harshly towards my initial Lenin wallpaper. The whole series then "evolved" into a theme of sorts.

There are no standards anymore... Now, you have the Age of Amateurism.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wher

by flammenbringer on: Jul 4 2004

Score 50%

I know about your goal. Nevertheless, I wanted to make fun of the series, by posting a self-answering question. Unfortunately people visiting kde-look.org seem not to belong to the brightest on earth, otherwise they would have laughed. Well, I think my signature speaks for itself. ;)

Servus

flammenbringer

---
Niveau sieht von unten immer aus wie Arroganz

@KDE-LOOK-STAFF

by soulrebel on: Jul 1 2004

Score 50%

JUST MAKE AN EXTRA SECTION FOR POLITICAL CONTENT AND ONE FOR RELIGIOUS CONTENT AND ALL THESE PEOPLE WILL STOP COMPLAINING! PLZ!!!!!

p.s.:you dont have to censor stuff, nazi stuff will be rated out quick enough anyway

Re: @KDE-LOOK-STAFF

by flammenbringer on: Jul 4 2004

Score 50%

Once and for all: It hasn't been Nazi-stuff! I made fun of Jörg Haider, an Austrian populist. Why is making fun of someone Nazi-stuff? Besides, Haider is not a Nazi, although he sometimes works with some of those cliches.

Servus

flammenbringer

---
Niveau sieht von unten immer aus wie Arroganz

Re: Re: @KDE-LOOK-STAFF

by soulrebel on: Jul 5 2004

didnt say it was.
i pnly used the argumet to persuade them not to censor your stuff...
BUT WHY IS THIS POST NOT GETTING ANY ATTENTION?????
what do you all think of the idea of two extra sections???

Re: Where is justice?

by Yaba on: Jul 21 2004

Score 50%

Most probably no one removed it. It just was rated below 20% and then it will be deleted.

Sorry for your wallpaper, but this is how this site is driven be the community.

To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows box, you just need to work on it.
- Scott Granneman, Security Focus

Icons lose alpha?

by SlipStreamScapes on: Jun 22 2004

Hi all,

I've been messing with Gimp for quite some time now in order to create new icons (namely for the systray) but the problem is that no matter what options I select while generating .png files, the transparency is lost when the icons appear in the systray.

To make the matter even more weird is that some icons (like Klipper) do apparently preserve some degree of transparency (see shadows around the clipboard) or perhaps they simply revert back to the closest non-transparent color (yet it looks rather smooth and aliased which implies that there are potentially some semi-transparent pixels). Finally, the preview of the icons in the KDE browser as well as Klaptop settings window does show their transparency.

So what gives? Is it simply that the systray does not support transparency (which seems odd since some icons do look nicely aliased), or is it my ineptness in properly generating the semi-transparent icons for it?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Ico

Re: Icons lose alpha

by MDonoughe on: Jun 29 2004

Score 50%

It might depend on what program the icon is for. I managed to get part of the Firefox File menu to show up in my system tray. The application is probably responsable for the drawing.

Re: Icons lose alpha

by yOyOeK1 on: Jul 9 2004

i hade same problem it is a DGA in XFree86 in my case

Re: Icons lose alpha

by esterud on: Sep 11 2004

Score 50%

I am also annoyed by the weirdness of the KDE panel. My Klipper icon is the only thing other than the Tasks that is transparent. My kmix, klaptop, Clock, Desktop panels, and KDE Start icons are all transparent. It is just Klipper icon that is not. By doing some logical guess work and displaying what the different icons are in Konqueror I believe my Klipper icon is using /usr/share/icons/crystalsvg/22x22/actions/klipper_doc.png. However my KIconEdit shows that this png is transparent. The icon seems to have my pinstripe theme-like around the edges when in the panel, so I believe it is picking it up from something other than the background. If the KDE panel supposedly supports Transparency then the ENTIRE PANEL should support it, especially if the icons involved are transparent. Anyone figure out how to get this fixed so the Klipper icon is transparent or know of an existing bug for this? (And FYI I am using KDE 3.2 install for Fedora Core 2)

-esterud

Commie Decs

by hrholme on: Jun 25 2004

Score 50%

Does anybody have a communist window decoration?

I'm trying to do an all-commie Linux :)

Yours truly Rasmus O. holme (www.tuxnet.org)

DK

- Karl Marx

Re: Commie Decs

by Momo on: Jun 25 2004

Score 50%

That's something you could do pretty quickly with icewm (just hack a few pixmaps together). I may give it a try this week end.

Momo

Re: Commie Decs

by Yaba on: Jul 1 2004

Score 50%

Either IceWM or if you want to have the colors configurabhttp://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=12686le, try DynIce:

- Scott Granneman, Security Focus

wallpaper request

by surfg on: Jul 14 2004

Score 50%

i have been trying to make a 3D wallpaper on the koenigsegg CCR and i just can't seem to get it right. can anyone please make something?

windows on a mac? who the hell would want to do that?

Poker Images

by jweinraub on: Jul 31 2004

Hey there,

I would like to know where I can find some quality PNGs of cards( fronts, backs) and chips. I like SVG Cards but the pip gets clipped on J,Q,A.

Jonathan Weinraub

Re: Poker Images

by klesk7 on: Aug 20 2004

Hi Jonathan
Go to http://www.inkscape.org
Go to the 'Galleries' section
Go to the 'SVG-cards' section
Now download the zip/archive pack of cards, modify and/or convert them into PNG's.
It worked great for me!
-Bye-

Dodo Linux...

Re: Poker Images

by klesk7 on: Aug 20 2004

Score 50%

I forgot to mention that you can use 'Sodipodi' to convert the cards into PNGs!

Dodo Linux...

goto page: prev   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ...

Add commentAdd commentBack